Monday, October 27, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa got Ellie some new boots, she already loved shoes but these top the list!
Over fall break we pulled my parent's trailor up into the Uintahs and went camping. We had so much fun and we even saw a bear! It wasn't in our campgroung or anything but it was right on the road when we were driving! It ended up just being our little family the whole time and we had so much fun together just hiking around and playing in the water. Here are a some of our pics from the fun weekend. As if Ells wasn't dirty enough she decided she better literally roll in the dirt on the last day!




Riding a stick like a horse


We discovered this huge forest behind our campground where people have made all these little pathways and sections out of river rock. It's in the middle of all these pine trees and each family will go and make their own section of painted rocks and their own pathway. They call it the Fairy Forest and it is the coolest little place ever. We just couldn't believe how big it is, it seemed to go on and on. So we decided to make our own family section and we painted all these rocks to go in it. If anyone has seen Spiderwick Chronicles you'll recognize the rocks. We used that as our theme. Except for this Brazil rock, we'll have one rock for each place that family members go on their missions.










This is the entrance to the Fairy Forest

Ellie loved running through it every day


Tom even came and checked it out with us for a little while!



Ellie loved sitting by the campfire at night in her little camp chair



Ellie got out her fingerpaints one day and made a masterpiece on her face!
One day she found every bow that she has and made Brandon put them all in her hair, she was so proud!!

6 comments:

The Crazy Wolf Pack said...

Ellie is so stinkin cute!! I love the make up with the face paints!!!

Anonymous said...

Those rocks are SO cute! I'm way impressed you painted them! and I LOVE Ellie's boots! So cute!

Giselle Rasheta said...

How fun! Where in the Uintahs was this place? I've never heard of it...Ellie looks like she had a blast, that's for sure. I love the bows, too...but it's never good news when Daddy does the hair! I remember once my dad did my hair in kindergarten in a ponytail with a ribbon, but didn't put an elastic in, so the ribbon of course fell out after like 5 seconds. I was horrified all day!!!

Giselle Rasheta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The DiStefano Family said...

That looks like so much fun! Your rocks are really good. I am impressed. I could never paint that good. Ellie is so cute!

Lindsay Thacker said...

hahah!! LOVE IT!! So I totally wish we could have made it camping. I am so sad we havent gone this year. Maybe instead of halloween we should just go camping. I miss it so much!!! If we could only have one more good weekend of great weather we should totally plan it!!